9.29.2013

Colette the French Poodle

Frame from The Graphics Fairy

I named her Colette.  She's a 1950s white porcelain French poodle with spaghetti detail that I purchased for $6 from the Stratford Antique Mall this weekend.  Isn't she the cutest!  She was produced by Lefton Company and originally made with gold chains extending from her collar to her two baby poodles - click here to see her in the original condition.  But I love her just the way she is; oh so French and chic!  She makes the perfect decoration on a vanity or atop stacked books on a shelf.  I recently discovered that my girl Laura from Gracefully Searching owns Colette's twin, Gigi! Check her out here.  Lucky for you, I found more porcelain poodles for sale on Etsy, here and here.  Get 'em while they're hot!  

J xx       


No comments:

Blogging tips