5.18.2013

French Style


I've always felt a connection to all things French.  It used to suffice to admire something because it had a 'French vibe'; but I reached a point where 'French' became synonymous with 'style', so I needed to break it down in order to feel confident that I knew what I was talking about.  In came Erin Swift's book French Accents.  This book helped me understand the French sensibility and how this applies to decorating.  Erin photographed interiors in France and the United States and discovered that these interiors shared common threads that helped colourize the French aesthetic. Her book is jam packed with stunning photographs and practical decorating tips.  It shows me how to bring French architecture inside, how to create a mood with paint colour, how to add texture to a space that mirrors French fashion, how to furnish a space with antiques and how to decorate with 'objects d'art'.  It's a must read!  I fell in love with Erin's book; she had me at page 32.

J xx

Featured on p. 34-35 in French Accents by Erin Swift

Featured on p. 71 in French Accents by Erin Swift

Featured on p. 85 in French Accents by Erin Swift

No comments:

Blogging tips