12.24.2012

Christmas Greetings


I love being home for Christmas.  Yes, spending time with loved ones is special, but there's also the time you get to spend by yourself - if you're lucky.  This is the time I get to do the things I might never do on any given day.  Once I get the initial "Ugh, I'm so bored!" out of my system, I get the notion to do the things I really want to be doing.  Out of boredom comes creativity.  And in my case, my second 'annual' Christmas scene in a mason jar creation. 


Isn't it cute?  I picked up an antique Crown mason jar from a flea market for $2.  The white sisal tree, snow and faux pearl beads come from Michaels, and the little deer is by Schleich Toys.  I cut up some antique Christmas cards for the banner and the little birdy, and voila.  I love the look of a vintage inspired Christmas decoration. 

And if you're really bored, you can take your little creation on a sleigh ride photo shoot...

...or take a drive and snap beautiful winter scenes around town...

...or take a billion pictures of your dog in the snow because he's so darn cute...

...or if you're really feeling up to it - build a snowman!

Merry, Merry Christmas!

J xx

No comments:

Blogging tips