2.27.2012

Meryl's Moment


As many of you silently applauded your favourite actors while watching the 84th Annual Academy Awards, there was me who screamed at the TV and overzealously fist pumped (à la Arsenio Hall) when Meryl Streep won her third Oscar for Lead Actress in The Iron Lady.  

This was the scene from my couch where it all went down:


...I'm sure my scream startled my neighbours, but I just couldn't help but feel the jovial satisfaction of her long overdue victory since her wins in '82 for Sophie's Choice and '79 for Kramer vs. Kramer.  And how great was Meryl's acceptance speech! This truly was the night's golden moment: 



Congratulations Meryl!

J xx

2 comments:

Mom said...

Just watched Meryl's speech... brought tears to my eyes - so well deserved!

Ann On and On... said...

Thank you.... I didn't watch the Oscars and that was just wonderful. She is a class act!

Blogging tips