6.02.2010

The Pie Plate


Last weekend I spent some time in Niagara-on-the-Lake antique shopping with a friend and we squeezed in a stop at Riverview Cellars Winery to pick up a few bottles of semi-sweet red wine.  My favorite stop however, had to be our late lunch at The Pie Plate in a little village called Virgil. This is the most adorable bakery and café I've had the pleasure of visiting, and I highly recommend you stop in if ever you're fortunate enough to visit Ontario's wine country.  

My friend and I swapped halves of two sandwiches: turkey avocado with cilantro lime dressing and ham and brie with honey mustard dressing. The bread is baked fresh on site and oh...it's perfection! We hydrated with fresh squeezed strawberry lemonade on ice. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a more enjoyable meal; the café was cozy, the service was friendly, and the food was exceptionally fresh and flavorful. You must go!

J xx

No comments:

Blogging tips